Are you experiencing challenges to engage, motivate and inspire your team? How can you achieve results for your team, department and organisational goals through the activities and performance of your team members? Are you able to juggle your people and task skills?
Develop your managerial competencies to harness your team members’ potential and enhance your managerial roles and responsibilities.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- explore the process of getting tasks done through tasks achievement process
- develop your management style to manage your team members
- demonstrate delegation without delegating away your responsibilities
- identify your communication style through thinking styles and building trust in teams
- apply the innovative GROW process for continuous improvement
- understand conflict handling styles and how to manage and resolve conflicts
- Managing Task Achievement
– The Task Achievement Process:
– Developing priorities for development
– Task achievement: Action Plan
- Managing People
– Understanding management styles
– Influences on management styles
– Adapting your management style
– Applying appropriate management styles to manage team members
– Four RIGHT steps to delegation
– Explore why managers fail to delegate or over-delegate
– How to delegate effectively to the right team member
– Five steps to successful delegation
- Planning for Innovation – G.R.O.W.
– Growing your ideas with idea generating techniques
– Reinstating your ideas: BUDS
– Overthrowing blockages / risks in your ideas
– Working out the prototype
- Improving Communication
– Assessment on self awareness
– Explore the effect of communication on building trust in teams
– Determine the appropriateness of the type of communication in different situations
– Identify ways of improving communication in teams
- Managing Conflict
– Common causes of conflict
– Conflict between individuals / groups of people and within a group of people
– Assessment: What is your conflict management style?
– Strategies to deal with conflict: Mediation Process
- Action Plan
– How to be an effective manager by managing yourself and others?