Has writing an email ever got you scratching your head, trying to figure out how best to make your reader understand you from the get-go? Does this take up too much of your time?
Succeed at work by improving on your email writing techniques. Save time, build relationships and communicate effectively with the people you work with by mastering the language and strategies of effective email writing.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- write clear and well-structured professional emails
- save time by communicating appropriately from the outset
- create a positive impact with your customers, suppliers and colleagues
- avoid frustrating others with email overload
- write with impact and capture your reader’s attention
- Importance of email writing
– Why email?
– Determine when and why to choose email as your method of communication
- Basics of email etiquette
- Structuring your emails
– What does an effective business email look like?
– How to structure your emails and deliver your message
– Who are you writing to? Consider your audience and the outcome you hope to achieve
- Organising your content
– Avoid verbose and wordy emails
- Be aware of tone
– Are you concise enough without being unhelpful or offensive?
– Choice of words
- Punctuation essentials
– Avoiding grammatical, punctuation and spelling mistakes