“Work is easy, it is the people that is the problem!”. If this is how you feel in the workplace, an area to explore and improve is communication.
We know communication is important yet many a times work becomes challenging due to miscommunication, misunderstanding and vague communication with one another.
This is an excellent workshop for you if you are looking for simple and practical ways to improve your communication at the workplace.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- understand and appreciate the purpose and value of communication
- identify 4 communication styles; strengths and weaknesses
- communicate effectively with people of different communication styles
- create the ‘zone’ for effective communication
- use the appropriate communication tool in the workplace
- manage a ‘gossip moment’ without getting into trouble
- deal with difficult conversations confidently
- Communication at work
– What is effective communication?
– Characteristics of good communication at the workplace
- People and personalities
– People are uniquely different
– Understand your communication style and others’
– Understand and recognise the strength and weaknesses of the different styles
– Adapt communication style to strengthen work relationship
- The science of communication
– Recognise how words influence thoughts
– Use the right word for the right occasion
– Impact of non-verbal language on communication
- A structured conversation
– Having a structured conversation framework
– Practice, practice, practice
- Discovering unconscious communication
– Understand our communication filters
– Develop probing question to make conscious the unconscious
- Manage a challenging/ difficult conversation confidently
– Identify the emotional state
– Confirm the demonstrated negative behaviour
– Move towards an objective solution