TEAM & PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT SERIES
Working with Different Personalities
Working with difficult people can cause us a certain level of stress and frustration. The fact is, we cannot avoid them and neither can we change their behaviour. The best way to go about this then is to learn how to work effectively with them.
This course aims to equip you with the right attitude and the relevant skills and techniques to handle different types of difficult people; so that relationship can be improved and work can get done more effectively. At the same time, the course also provides you with ways to get feedback about yourself and what you can do if you find yourself belonging to one of the categories of difficult people.
Words from the Trainer: "Working with people of different working styles can cause conflicts and stress to us. This course is aimed at helping us to understand the reasons for the different behaviours of people; learning the different strategies on managing mindset and communication skills to reduce conflicts and get the work done; as well as techniques to work with the specific groups of people whom we may perceive as difficult in our workplace."
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- define what is a “difficult” person and the 2 main situations where people become difficult
- recognise your instinctive response to people who are difficult and why you will respond in that manner
- understand the 2 dimensions that affect how people behave that may be different from others
- learn about different working behavioural styles of people, what is important for each of them and what happens if their intents are not met
- identify the different categories of difficult people and their characteristics
- practice different techniques and strategies to handle each category of difficult people
- improve communication for dealing with different types of difficult people
- exercise awareness of your own behaviour so as to not become a difficult person to others
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0028864
(for SDF/SFC applications)
9:00 am to 5:00pm
(14 hrs excluding lunch break)
Early bird S$620.60
* Fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
Early bird: 21 Aug 2018
11 & 12 September 2018
11 & 12 December 2018
Location (subject to change)
School of Economics & Social Sciences, SMU or similar
SkillsFuture Credit Claimable
You might also like...
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
Reg. No: 201301501N