Management is never an easy job, especially when you are new to it. In the past, you only needed to worry about meeting your key performance indicator (KPI) but now, you are leading an entire team! That comes with a lot of responsibilities and expectations to deal with.
In this programme, we will look at three competencies, enabling the supervisor to optimise his/her performance and be a more competent supervisor.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- learn a positive and real-world approach to be effective both personally and professionally
- lead through role modelling
- Get Real!
– Know your supervisory style
– Understand how others view you as a supervisor
- Communicate Upward and Downward
– How people of different DISC behavioural style communicate
– Resolve communication barriers
– How to gather and give constructive feedback
– Career Planning – begin coaching with an end in mind
– How to delegate responsibilities effectively
– Identify and motivate chronic underachievers
- Encourage Teamwork and Celebrate!
– Develop shared ownership for results
– Manage, not micromanage
– Leverage on diversity
– Celebrate team and team members’ accomplishments and exceptional performance