In a contemporary workplace, every level of the workforce requires capable employees to take the lead and set examples as competent and committed employees. Such employees must be properly identified, developed and recognised to help them learn and grow.
These employees have the potential to make a difference in the workplace by making use of their explicit and tacit competencies to demonstrate to other levels of employees the relevance of handling various operational issues.
This approach will also help identify and develop employees for higher responsibilities when opportunities arise, thereby helping the organisation to grow.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- understand and apply the modern concepts of managing talents in the workplace at every operational level
- identify and develop employees with talented capabilities
- bring out the best in employees to achieve business sustainable competitiveness
- Develop a talent management strategy and approach at various levels
– What is talent management
– Fundamental talent management strategies
– Talent management concepts, tools and processes
– Accountability of line managers and supervisors in talent identification and development
- Determine organisational talent capability at various levels
– Organisational context, policies and procedures
– Understand and use proven talent management assessment tools and methods
– Determine requirements of current and future roles of talented employees at various levels
– Categorise talent availability at various levels by competencies and time frame
- Integrate practical talent management programmes
– Best practices in talent identification and development process and approaches
– Communicate to stakeholders to gain buy-in and support
– The link and relationship between talent management and other people and business functions
– Tips on how to work with talent management tools and practices at various levels