Train the Trainer - Mastering Supervisory Skills
About the Programme
For aspiring trainers venturing to become a professional trainer, one of the most common challenging obstacles to overcome is the task of designing and developing their own set of training course materials. Very often, it takes substantial time and effort to gather relevant subject matter information and package the information into suitable learning contents for delivery to intended participants. According to survey studies published by the Association of Talent Development (ATD) and Chapman Alliance, it takes about 78 hours on the average to develop 1 hour of stand-up training (classroom).
Another common obstacle faced by aspiring trainers is the issue of marketability and demand of their domain expertise. Having been working as practitioners in their industries for an extensive period of time, many of the aspiring trainers have a rich wealth of sector-specific insights or functional domain skills. Unfortunately, due to the niche nature of their expertise, there may be a limited learning market for what they have to offer. As such, these trainers may like to focus on providing training pertaining to 21st century skills for Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs), such as critical thinking, problem-solving, etc to reach out to a bigger learning market instead.
This programme aims to address the above obstacles by:
- Equipping aspiring trainers on Supervisory & Leadership (one of the most important 21st century skills) concepts and skills facilitation
- Allowing aspiring trainers to demonstrate their competence in Supervisory & Leadership concepts through actual facilitation as part of the course design
- Providing a ready set of course materials for immediate use by aspiring trainers for future training assignment.
How will you benefit?
- Access to ready-use course materials for conducting own training – Reduce substantial time and gain cost saving from developing your own course materials for training
- Increase your chance of securing a training assignment with training providers or clients through having a ready training product
- High return of investment – You can easily recover your initial investment through either conducting 2 runs of training workshops or developing 1 training course materials for client
Who should attend?
Aspiring trainers, freelance trainers, existing trainers and professionals in transition