OFFICE MANAGEMENT SERIES
Advanced Skills for Administrative Professionals
Gain the knowledge you need as an administrative executive, admin support personnel, secretary or administrative assistant to become a valued and productive member of your organisation. Your role has evolved into a complexity of shifting roles and responsibilities. This workshop will provide you with the advanced skills needed to improve your competency, gain confidence and develop your capacity to take on new levels of responsibility to advance your career.
Objectives Outline Additional Details Trainer Grants Positive Comments Objectives
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- manage the major challenges at different organisational levels in today’s business environment
- re-awaken your creative thinking abilities to add value to your organisation and have fun!
- set challenging goals to motivate people to perform effectively and enjoy their work
- build a cohesive and effective team by applying the five stages of team development
- create and manage change effectively to shape your future
deal with conflicts to achieve team effectiveness
- Managing in the New Competitive Landscape
– globalisation and technological change
– collaboration across “boundaries”
– you and your career
- Creating and Managing Change
– managing change
– shaping the future
– shaping your future
- Motivating for Performance
– setting goals that motivate
– understanding employees’ needs
– job satisfaction: quality of work life
- Creative Thinking Skills
– why your boss expects you to think creatively
– characteristics of a creative person
– techniques to generate solutions
– stages of team development
– team role behaviours
– creating a winning team
– what is your leadership style?
– leadership intervention in stages of team development
– increasing awareness for team effectiveness
- Conflict Management
– team effectiveness and conflict management
– conflict management styles
– conflict handling strategies
Who Should Attend?
Secretaries & PA, senior officers, assistant managers, managers, senior managers who work with senior management.
Participants are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of role play, assessments, individual and group discussions, interactive activities, reflection, lectures and storytelling.
Ms Katherine Chua received her Master of Arts in Human Resource Development with The George Washington University in 2009, a Bachelor degree in Education and Training with The University of Melbourne in 2002, Diploma in Training and Development Management awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management and the Diploma in Training Management by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD, UK) in 1995. She has completed the ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment Programme) Certification certified by the Workforce Development Agency in 2005. She is a certified DISC Personality Profiler and Instructional Designer.
Katherine has lectured for several years to Executive Secretarial students on subjects like Business Practice, Office Administration and Business Communication. In 2006, she was invited by the Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs for their Initiative for their ASEAN Integration (IAI) initiative to conduct a five day Train the Trainers: Training Methodologies workshop in Hanoi, Vietnam. In 2007, she was involved in the training on “The Negotiation Skills for Managers” to Flextronics in Singapore and China, and in 2008 to Astro Malaysia. She has conducted many programmes in the areas of Train the Trainers course comprising of Effective Instructor, Coaching, On the Job Training, and many WSQ programmes on Customer Service and Employability Skills System.
As an advocate for lifelong learning, Katherine approaches training by engaging and involving learners in the adult learning process, ensuring learners’ commitment to transfer learning back to the workplace and even in their personal life, and making learning fun!
- As a SDF-Approved course, you can claim up to S$28 for this course from SSG.
For a user guide on how to apply for your SDF claim, please refer to this guide or click here for the full suite of user guides by SkillsConnect.
- Use your SkillsFuture Credit! For user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
Positive Comments “I now understand more concepts that I can apply at the workplace, such as handling changes, conflict management and motivation.”
– Admissions Officer, Institute of Technical Education “I have learnt how to be an effective manager and be able to implement changes through creative thinking skills that will also help me to be more innovative and vibrant.”
– Senior Language Officer (Malay), State Courts, Malay Language Services Sect “I have widened my knowledge and learnt how to be more open minded, which will help for future and better communication with people.”
– Accounts Associate, Michelman Asia Pacific Pte Ltd Register Status: –
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0028020
(for SDF/SFC applications)
9:00 am to 5:00pm
(14 hrs excluding lunch breaks)
Early bird S$642.00
* Fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
Early bird: 4 Jun 2019
25 & 26 June 2019
5 & 6 November 2019
Royal Plaza on Scotts or similar
SkillsFuture Credit Claimable
You might also like…
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
133 New Bridge Road
#13-09 Chinatown Point
Tel: (65) 62204008
Fax: (65) 62224369
Email: email@example.com © 2018 EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd
Reg. No: 201301501N