HR MANAGEMENT SERIES
Understanding Employment Law for Managers & Supervisors
With a new generation of employees who are more educated and being clearly aware of their employment rights, it is imperative that line managers who have a role in people-management are steps ahead of their subordinates by possessing an acceptable level of awareness of employees’ terms and conditions under the Employment Act and related employment laws. This awareness helps them to attain convincing credibility as people-managers. More importantly, line managers can help to protect organisations from risks of non-compliance. Hence, line managers, team supervisors and even HR administrators should possess a desired level of comprehension with the Employment Act and related employment laws.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- describe the essential terms and conditions under Employment Act
- handle dismissal effectively in reference to fair employment practices
- explain how salaries and overtime pay are computed
- communicate effectively the statutory benefits to subordinates
- describe recent changes (2016 and 2017) in Employment Act
- compare the essential terms with other relevant employment laws (Work Injury Compensation Act, Employment of Foreign Manpower Act, Retirement and Re-Employment Act, CPF Act, Income Tax Act and TAFEP guidelines)
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0044354
(for SDF/SFC applications)
9:00 am to 5:00pm
(7 hrs excluding lunch break)
Early bird S$385.20
* Fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
Early bird: 15 Nov 2018
6 December 2018
15 March 2019
Location (subject to change)
Royal Plaza on Scotts or similar
SkillsFuture Credit Claimable
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
Reg. No: 201301501N