FINANCE MANAGEMENT SERIES
Intensive Basic Financial Accounting
This intensive course covers an overview of the accounting process: starting from journal entries to ledger postings and ending with the preparation of the income statement and balance sheet. Relevant basic accounting principles and concepts are also explained.
Many typical business transactions will be analysed. All the participants will go through the accounting process up to the preparation of the income statement and balance sheet. Participants will be given numerous worksheets for hands-on practice of the accounting process.
Words from the Trainer: "Using typical business transactions, participants go through the whole accounting process with the use of the various books of accounts until the preparations of the Financial Statements. It gives them a comprehensive understanding of how the financial accounting system works. Although manual accounting is now outdated by computerised accounting systems, the former still retains its value by imparting the basic accounting procedures and practical training."
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- understand common accounting principles and concepts
- identify the types of common source documents
- know how typical business transactions are recorded
- identify the types of accounts to use
- pass journal entries
- know when to use the general journal and special journals
- post journal entries to ledgers
- avoid common accounting entry adjustments required by Auditors
- know what to post to the main and subsidiary ledgers
- prepare a bank reconciliation statement
- extract a Trial Balance
- prepare basic Income Statement and Balance Sheet
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0030209
(for SDF/SFC applications)
9:00 am to 5:30pm
(7.5 hrs excluding lunch break)
Early bird S$588.50
* Fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
Early bird: 17 Oct 2017
7 & 8 November 2017
Location (subject to change)
School of Economics / School of Social Sciences, Singapore Management University (SMU), 90 Stamford Road
SkillsFuture Credit Claimable
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
Reg. No: 201301501N